Interested in a career at American Indian OIC?
AIOIC is an equal opportunity employer and serves and hires all people, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability.
AIOIC offers competitive compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include a generous PTO policy and company observed holidays as well as health, dental, and life insurance.
Adjunct (Part-time), Instructor, Graphic Design
This is a part-time, temporary adjunct instructor position. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced instructor to bring high quality teaching to bring high quality teaching and subject leadership into the Institute. The instructor will be responsible for delivery of the Web Design course, which will run for 12 weeks beginning in April 2019. The Web Design Instructor will report to the Curriculum & Instruction Manager and will teach the basics of web design from an existing but evolving curriculum.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Teach students in a competency-based format through lectures, demonstration, and learning centered instruction.
- Instruct high quality, project-based classes in which students learn, are challenged, and enjoy the learning process.
- Plan appropriate differentiation strategies to address individual learning needs and styles of diverse, urban adult students.
- manage the learning environment through keeping accurate records, grading assignments, submitting grades and other repots on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Model learning and behavior consistent with expectations for students.
- Respond to student questions on a timely basis.
- Undertake curriculum development as and when required.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications Required For Role
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Square space, wix and WordPress
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, interpersonal and presentation
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of supporting students in an academic context
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
- Three full-time years 9or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience
- Previous Work experience at post-secondary institution
Send your resume and cover letter to the Takoda Institute Director today!