American Indian OIC is now accepting applications for the position of Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance and ongoing program improvement through the supervision of intensive case management and employment services to individuals on MFIP, who may have multiple barriers preventing them from securing and keeping employment. The MFIP Manager reports to the director of Takoda Works.
- Identify program development goals and implement plans to achieve them.
- Ensure compliance and quality with program requirements.
- Oversee program outcome measurements with consideration to contract objectives and outcome requirements.
- Run and research all monthly reports.
- Monitor centralized overview process and enrollment activities.
- Build and foster an efficient and effective team environment while managing team performance through supervision, training, and professional development.
- Monitor all support services and referrals in partnership with the director of Takoda Works and the accounting team.
- Facilitate team meetings to improve client progression and program/agency outcomes.
- Work closely with the director to ensure program requirements are being met.
- Supervise staff, including performance management to ensure program goals are met.
- Attend trainings, workshops, etc., as designated by agency administration.
Enrollment and Assessment (when necessary)
- Oversee the enrollment and assessment process.
- Facilitate group or one-on-one program overview/information sessions when necessary.
- Administer Department of Human Services (DHS) assessment and screening tools per program requirements & participant needs/interests when necessary.
Case Management & Job Counseling
- Develop individual service strategies based on individual’s assessments, goals, and barriers.
- Develop an individualized employment plan and provide ongoing coaching and employment counseling in multiple settings.
- Collaborate with internal staff and external connections to place participants in a career pathway and employment.
- Link participants to appropriate services and resources such as child care, housing, mental health or disability services, education, training, etc.
- Maintain case files and documentation per program requirements, and adhere to program and agency file policies.
- Track participation hours and service meetings.
- Work with county representatives to assure coordinated services.
- Connect with participants regularly to encourage engagement and avoid sanctions.
- Adhere to program confidentiality according with state Data Privacy Act.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Human Services (or related field) with workforce development experience, or two years of college education with 3-5 years of work experience in MFIP.
- Experience working with government contracts and outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create a welcoming and trusting atmosphere for clients and team members.
- Proven time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize work.
- An understanding of Native American culture and values.
- Experience working with diverse populations in an education or social service setting.
- Good computer skills and knowledge.
- Able to multi-task with great attention to detail.
- Ability to use and adapt to different technology tools including databases.
American Indian OIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. AIOIC prohibits discrimination against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
This is a full-time, benefitted position with a salary range of $48,000-$58,000 annually.
Email letter, resume, and references to email@example.com by Friday, March 20, 2020