Takoda Prep high school is hiring a part-time educational assistant. The educational assistant will work 5-6 hours per day assisting in Takoda Prep’s one-room schoolhouse. Takoda Prep is an alternative high school operated by American Indian OIC, and is rooted in American Indian culture and education values.
The position pays $15-$18 per hour, depending on qualifications. Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com by Friday, January 17.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The educational assistant is responsible for providing academic support for American Indian OIC’s Takoda Prep high school. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the classroom
- Attendance monitoring and incentive initiatives
- Tutoring individual students
- Ongoing communication and supportive interactions with all students
- Participation in all required Professional Development sessions and faculty meetings.
- Work directly with individual students and groups of students in daily classes/activities.
- Implement instructional strategies as outlined by the classroom teachers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience of students in an urban alternative high school environment, including students who have faced trauma
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with effective communication
- Comfortable tutoring students in algebra, geometry, reading comprehension, science, social studies, and writing.
AA, BA, or two years of study at an institution of higher education. OR a minimum score of 460 on the ParaPro test.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
American Indian OIC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and Indigenous people are highly encouraged to apply.