Seeking External Relations Associate
American Indian OIC (AIOIC) is seeking an engaging, growth-oriented marketing & communications professional to support its External Relations and administrative functions.
This position is responsible for supporting the communications, fundraising, and administrative activities of American Indian OIC and serves as assistant to its President & CEO. The External Relations Associate reports to the Director of External Relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communications & Marketing: Assists in the design of marketing materials including program fliers, business cards, advertisements, and social media graphics/imagery. Manages website updates. Executes social media plan and print and e-newsletter distribution. Researches and identifies new outreach and promotional channels. Estimated at 45% of time.
- Administrative Support: Provides coverage at AIOIC’s front desk during the receptionist’s daily breaks and time off. Provides administrative assistance to President & CEO as needed. Estimated at 25% of time.
- Events: Coordinates and plans internal and external events and meetings including board meetings, open houses, fundraisers, volunteer events, and others. Represents AIOIC at external events. Estimated at 15% of time.
- Donor Relations: Manages donor database including data entry and gift recognition. Coordinates and tracks individual and group volunteers. Estimated at 10% of time.
- Other: Other duties as assigned. This may include supervision of ad hoc staff including Americorps members, interns, and volunteers. Estimated at 5% of time.
- Demonstrated cultural competency working in a diverse environment
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Basic computer proficiency for typing/keyboarding, internet searches, email, etc.
- Familiarity with Minnesota’s Indigenous communities, cultures, and practices
- One or more years experience working in an office setting
- Proficiency with digital marketing platforms including Facebook, MailChimp, WordPress, and Canva
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation & Status
The External Relations Associate is a full-time, non-exempt position. American Indian OIC’s office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm, however occasional weekend and evening hours are required as needed. This position qualifies for medical, dental, retirement, and time-off benefits. Free parking is available on AIOIC’s campus.
Compensation for this position is between $19-$21 per hour. Starting pay is based on applicable qualifications, skills, and experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 14, 2020. Applications may also be mailed or hand-delivered to 1845 East Franklin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404.