The American Indian OIC always appreciates the willingness of community volunteers. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals or groups of any size. Take a look at our list and see how you can get involved. If you don’t see anything that is a good match for you, contact us and let us know what your interests are.
- If you have basic office skills, think about spending a couple of hours a week as part of our team. With only a small staff, we are grateful for any time you might have to help with small office tasks and filing.
- If you have basic computer and job search skills, considering helping out in the Opportunities Center. Students and Employment Services program participants go there to search and apply for jobs.
- Do you have experience in the medical field and want to help tutor our students in our heath services fields of study? We are always looking for help with coursework and people experienced with medical terminology.
- Our corner of Cedar and Franklin could use your help. If you like to work outdoors, come with a group to help with spring or fall clean-up – or – come alone or with a few to help keep our gardens and landscaping looking good.
- Are you a great fundraiser? If so, we could use your help to raise funds to support our programs, our employment fair, and site projects.
- If you have any interest in volunteering to help us with minor cleaning, please let us know. Without a cleaning staff, our library could use a dusting and our lobby needs attention.
If you have a group that is interested in collecting items that will reach a worthy group, please consider us. Our participants are always in need of diapers and personal hygiene supplies (toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, soap, hairspray, etc.). Adults and children always need new socks, underwear, winter gear, and school supplies. Even the smallest drive can make a real difference!
Mitzi Hobot, Organizational Development Director
612-341-3358 ext. 110